I had a long post typed up but it disappeared and I don’t have time to rewrite it! Here is where we are:
* last Monday emma came off CRRT dialysis and was extubated! We have been watching her kidney function closely to see if she will need hemo-dialysis. So far she has not.
* this week has been a rough week for Em. She was on the max
dose of 6 sedatives/narcotics so withdrawal has been painful.
* she is still on Versed at .4 compared to .8. This will be the slow
drug to wean because she was over the max dose.
* we have finally cleared her blood infection! But now she has a urinary tract infection from being cathed for two weeks.
* she still has the central line in her right femoral vein and she still has the hemo-dialysis cath in her left femoral artery.
* she is still on TPN and lipids. She has to tolerate more than 5cc’s an hour of food (up to this point, she has had large residuals) before we can even consider changing that.
So from this point we wait.. Wait for her body to recoup and regain strength. Wait for her belly to absorb nutritioin. Wait for her infectious belly laugh to return!
Long Before You Drew Your First Breath
A Dream Was Coming True
God Wanted to Give A Gift To The World
So He Wrapped It Up In You
Every Step That You’ve Taken
Every Move That You Make
Is Part Of His Plan
You Were Meant To Be Touching
The Lives That You Touch
And Meant To Be Here
Making This World So Much More
Than It Would Be Without You In It
You Were Meant to Be Bringing
The Gifts That You Bring
And Singing The Songs
You’ve Been Given To Sing
You Are Perfectly, Wonderfully,
Beautifully Meant To Be
You Were Meant To Be