(As you can see, my first attempt at making these was a real big fail!
I adapted this tutorial to get my final result)
- Step 1: Tear out magazine pages.(make sure they are the brightness that you are looking for in your coil.
- Step 2 and 3: Fold them in half length wise, and then in half again (this is the part I adapted because I found that folding them in half created a bulkier strip than I desired)
- Step 4: Cut the page along the folds
- Step 5: Fold the strips in half length wise, and then in half again.
(make sure your folds are tight. At this point you will need to heat up your glue gun)
- Step 6: Get a toothpick and begin to coil the end of the magazine around the toothpick tightly, just enough to start the coil. (This is the part that I adapted because I found that a wooden skewer was too fat)
- Step 7: Remove the toothpick and begin to coil the strip with out fingers, winding it tightly. When you are finished hot glue gun the edge down.
- Step 8: Start with another strip and hot glue it down to the edge of the previous coil. Repeat until you have the desired size of flower.
- Step 9: Cut out a circle (a little bit smaller than your flower) out of felt. Hot glue gun the eye pin and the felt on the back of the flower.
- Step 10: Admire your recycled magazine pendant!